How to Apply
Fill out an online application
You can apply for the following types of programs on YourTexasBenefits.com:
- SNAP food benefits
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Medicare Savings Programs
- TANF cash help
- Women’s health services
- Long term care services
After you go to YourTexasBenefits.com:
- Click on the "Apply" tab and click "Apply Now."
- Log in or create an account.
Visit a Community Partner
You can get free help applying for HHSC benefits by visiting a Community Partner in your area.
Call us at 2-1-1
If you need help applying for benefits, call toll-free 2-1-1 or 1-877-541-7905. After you pick a language, press 2. Staff can help you Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fill out a paper application
If you can't use YourTexasBenefits.com, you can print the form and fill it out by hand.
You will need to mail us a signed and dated copy of the form.
If you want to print an application from your computer or have one mailed to you:
- Go to YourTexasBenefits.com. Click on "Get a Paper Form" at the bottom of the page. Click "Download" to print or click “Send by Mail” for forms you want mailed to you.
- Call toll-free 2-1-1 or 877-541-7905. After you pick a language, press 2. Staff can help you Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.