More Info

Find an HHSC benefits office

If you need help with your benefits, you should first visit or call 2-1-1.

Most people who apply for benefits don’t need to come into the office for an interview. We will try to set up a phone interview.

If you need to visit an office, you can find one near you by going to and clicking on “Find an office.” Or call 2-1-1.

Finding services in your area

Calling 2-1-1 is a free, easy way to find out about services you can get. After you pick a language, pick option 1. You can learn more about services like:

  • Food pantries
  • Housing
  • Senior services
  • Child care
  • After-school programs
  • Disaster help
  • Tax help
  • Help paying for drugs ordered by your doctor
  • Help paying your rent or utilities

Staff can talk with you anytime you call – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You can also go to the 2-1-1 website at

Filing a complaint

If you have a complaint about your benefits case, call 2-1-1 or 1-877-541-7905. If you still need help, contact us by either:

Filing a civil rights complaint

If you think you were treated unfairly (discriminated against) because of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, or political beliefs, call the Office of Civil Rights at 1-888-388-6332 (toll-free).

Filing a privacy complaint

The HHSC Privacy Office investigates protected health information (PHI) and personally identifiable information (PII).

If you think your personal benefit information may have gotten into the wrong hands:

Reporting waste, fraud, and abuse of benefits

If you think anyone is misusing state benefits, call 1-800-436-6184 (toll-free).