Healthy Texas Women
What it offers
- Pregnancy testing
- Pelvic examinations
- Sexually transmitted infection services
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings
- Clinical breast examination
- Screening and treatment for cholesterol, diabetes, and high blood pressure
- HIV screening
- Long-acting reversible contraceptives
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Permanent sterilization
- Other contraceptive methods such as condoms, diaphragm, vaginal spermicide, and injections
- Screening and treatment for postpartum depression
Who is it for?
Women ages 15 to 44 who have little or no money. For individuals age 15 -17, a parent or legal guardian must apply on their behalf.
Maximum monthly income limits
The following chart gives a general idea of the amount of money (income) a woman can get and still be in this program. Some women might be able to get benefits even if their income is higher than what is listed in this chart.
|Family size||Healthy Texas Women|
|For each additional person, add:||$720|