Texas Home Visiting Program
What it offers
Matches parents with a trained home visitor who comes to wherever the family lives. The home visitor can answer questions about a pregnancy or being a parent. The home visitor also can help parents find services that help them care for themselves and their children.
Depending on the child's age and what a parent would like to know, this program can help parents learn how to:
- Get their home ready for a new baby.
- Eat right during pregnancy.
- Calm an upset child.
- Keep their child healthy.
- Keep their child safe at home and outside.
- Get their child prepared for school.
- Feed and fix healthy food.
- Understand their role as a parent.
Who is it for?
People who: (1) live in one of the 39 counties that offers this program and (2) are:
- Expecting a baby.
- Have a child age 5 and younger.
Each county has different program rules. To find out if you can be in this program, fill out an interest form.